SINGAPORE BUDDHIST MEDITATION CENTRE
NAMO TASSA BHAGAVATO ARAHATO SAMMA SAMBUDDHASSA
Arahaz, Samma Sambuddho, Vijjacaraba Sampanno, Sugato,
Loka Vidu, Anuttaro Purisa damma Sarathi,
Sattha Devamanussanaz, Buddho, Bhagava
1. He is remote from defilement. He destroyed defilement, His enemies.He destroyed the spokes of the wheels of rebirth, He is worthy. He does not do wrong even secretly.
2. He is fully Enlightened. He has discovered everything fully well.
3. He is endowed with clear vision. And is endowedwith fifteen forms of virtuous conduct.
4. He is sublime because of his good manner of going.He has gone to an excellent place. He has gone rightly. He has enunciated rightly.
5. He has known the world in all its ways.
6. He has no equal in his capacity to guide and discipline people, so that they will not stray from the path of virtue.
7. He is capable of teaching people the moral and spiritual virtues. He is described as the Teacher of both Gods and Men.
8. He has discovered everything that can be discovered.
9. He is venerated as the highest of all beings.
Nature of Life and Death (SBMC Publication)
Ven. W. Sarada Maha Thero